I am so delighted and humbled to accept the Liebster Award for Travel Bloggers and would like to thank Karen from The Epicurious Explorers for nominating me. This is my first award and I am excited to have been noticed and appreciated within 5 months of starting Hopping Feet.
I like Karen and Suzan’s blog because of their passion for food and travel- two things that are also my key interests. Their stories are personal, captivating and inspiring. They’re fairly new bloggers themselves but their thought-provoking posts have generated quite a bit of interest.
What is the Liebster Award?
It is an online recognition award, given from one blogger to another, as an acknowledgment of their good work and a way to spread the word in the bloggers’ communities. It works like a chain mail, getting passed on from one blogger to another. In my opinion, it is almost like a rite of passage and welcomes a newbie into the bloggers' community, an acceptance of sorts. The word 'Liebster' has German origins, meaning 'sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant'.
Liebster Award Rules (if you choose to accept)
- Recognise the blogger who tagged you
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked
- Tag 5-11 new bloggers who you think deserve some love
- Create 11 new questions for your nominees
Here are my answers to the 11 questions I was asked:
1. How do you like traveling solo/ friends/ family? Either solo or with my partner. Most of my life, I have traveled with some company (family or my husband), it is only recently that I started traveling solo and I absolutely loved the experience. I am very picky about my travel companions! I do not like traveling in groups, even if it is with friends.
2. Are you more of a mountain or beach person? That is a very tough question for me to answer! I love both the mountains and beaches equally. But maybe I love beaches a tad bit more than mountains. Just maybe!
3. Do you love sunrises or sunsets? Definitely the sunset. I am not an early morning person and can hardly ever wake up to catch the sun rise 😀
4. What’s your favorite travel quote? “You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.”
5. How many countries have you visited? 32 (only)!
6. Out of all the countries you have visited, which one did you like the most? New Zealand tops my list, followed by Maldives.
Read my post on What to Expect from your Trip to New Zealand
7. What’s the best food/street food you have eaten and from which country? I absolutely loved the street food in Malaysia and Thailand.
8. What is the best memory that you have while traveling? The first time I saw clear blue-green waters (at Mauritius) and it left me speechless. I grew up in a land-locked city and traveled to coastal cities in India but never had I seen such breathtaking and crystal clear blue waters before then. The feeling is indescribable.
9.What have you learned from your experience with travel? So much actually but one of the major lessons I have learned is to always be prepared for anything! Be it while traveling or generally in life, many things do not happen as planned (no matter how meticulously it may have been planned) and we have to learn to bounce back from it.
Read my post on How We Evolved as Travelers
10. Is blogging a hobby or something you do for a living? It’s my passion but I also have a corporate day job.
11. Do you have any advice or tips for aspiring travelers/ bloggers? It is very overwhelming to see the number of bloggers out there but that cannot be a reason for us to be discouraged. If we are passionate about something, we must pursue it with all the honesty, commitment, and dedication. And be patient, results may not happen just when you expect them to but that doesn’t mean they never will! Perseverance is the key to success.
This is where I nominate 6 new bloggers who have managed to captivate my interest.
New questions to my nominees
1. What kind of traveler do you classify yourself as? (Use an adjective such as explorer, adventurer, laid-back, relaxed, very organized, etc).
2. Of all the places you’ve visited, which one has left a huge impact on you?
3. Are there any countries you’ve been to that you would want to go back to in the future?
4. Which are the top 3 countries on your bucket list right now?
5. What do you prefer- fast-paced cities with great nightlife or laid-back old towns?
6. What kind of places do you usually prefer to stay at? (luxury hotels, budget hotels, BnBs, hostels, etc)
7. Which is the least expensive country you’ve ever visited?
8. What is the craziest thing you’ve ever done while traveling?
9. Which is your biggest travel-related regret?
10. What is the longest amount of time you’ve spent traveling to a foreign country?
11. Do you prefer train journeys, flights or road trips?
Looking forward to reading all your answers. Once again, thanks Karen for nominating me.