Do not expect anything less than spectacular landscapes throughout this paradise nation. Someone once rightly said "no matter where you are in NZ, you are never more than 5 minutes away from absolute stunning beauty". Here are a few things you can expect on your trip to New Zealand:
- New Zealand has some of the nicest and most friendly people you’ll ever meet
- There is no other country that does better coffee than NZ; from the smallest roadside vendors to the cafes, coffee lovers will not be disappointed
- You will be surprised at how isolated and deserted most of the places in New Zealand are. Even the most popular tourist spots will hardly see any crowds
- You will often see road signs warning you to beware of crossing wildlife, it is not tough to spot species of the kiwi bird and other rare birds
- November – February is said to have the best (summer) weather for tourists. However, be prepared for some rainy and cold days and do not forget to carry your woollens
- The weather tends to become cooler as you travel from the North to the South. Auckland was quite warm as compared to Queenstown, which was cold and rainy
- The country is extremely safe. Even though you might feel alone at several places, you do not have anything to be worried about
- Although you may not see a lot of speed cameras on the road, your speed is being monitored! Follow the road rules, the police is strict and you will get fined for making any mistake
- Not only the drivers on the road are very courteous, they’re also immensely patient; road rage is probably the last thing you’ll ever get to see on the NZ roads
- You will be surprised the see the amount of trust the locals have in humanity. We came across unmanned fruit stalls selling fresh berries picked from the farm, with just a note requesting us to drop the money in a box while taking the berries with you!
- Road trips will take you longer than what your GPS shows; this is due to the narrow, winding roads where it is imperative to drive slowly and carefully
- We have never seen lakes as gorgeous as those in New Zealand – some of the best being Wanaka, Pukaki, Tekapo and Hawea
- This is a country which has pioneered adventure sports. From sky diving, bungee, canyoning to those for the faint hearted - zorbing, luge and para gliding, be prepared to get your adrenaline pumping
Click here to book your car.